History of Walliserkanne
1889 The siblings Katharina and Johannes Aufdenblatten-Imahorn built the house with its restaurant on ground floor in traditional Valaisan style.
Emma and Otto Aufdenblatten bought the restaurant 'Chemin de fer' and the flat on the first floor.
Otto and Emma Aufdenblatten in front of Chemin de fer (1935)
'Chemin de fer' is renamed to 'Walliserkanne'.
Interior view in 1940
Otto Aufdenblatten builds a chalet on the west side and a bowling alley on the ground floor. Today the “Pfisterstube” is located there.
The brothers Armand und Hugo Aufdenblatten take over Walliserkanne.
"Dancing Walliserkanne" on the ground floor until 1971
From 1961 until 1971
are guests bleating at the “Ziegenbar” (goats’ bar) in the basement.
The “Raclettestube” is opened on the first floor..
A dance bar is opened on the first and second basement floor.
Dancing Walliserkanne” with live band
Armand Aufdenblatten becomes the sole owner of the house.
1991 – 1994
The terrace on the first floor is being expanded and offers now space for 65 guests.
The house over the restaurant is getting renovated and 3 new residential floors are realised.
the walls in the “Dance Garage” are shaking in time with the latest techno music sounds.
Disco Dance Garage (1994-1998)
Alex and Andreas Aufdenblatten take over the “Walliserkanne”. The disco turns into 'Il Ristorante'.
The “Raclettestube” is carefully renovated to preserve its character. The comfort for guests and employees is improved.
In autumn the “Pfisterstube” is getting renovated.
The restaurant and the “Raclettestube” are getting embellished once again.
From 1935 until 1995 the good soul in the “Walliserkanne”: Anny Heinen-Perren
From 1957 to 2005 in the “Walliserkanne”: Adelheid Clausen (right)
A group of happy regulars in the 40s
The service crew in about 1960